Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2023: Application Process and Details
The Karnataka Examinations Authority, commonly referred to as KEA, has announced that it will cease accepting applications for the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for the year 2023 on September 30, 2023. If you are interested in appearing for this examination, it’s crucial to grasp the key information regarding the application process, eligibility criteria, and important dates.
Application Process for KSET 2023
The application process for KSET 2023 commenced on September 12, providing aspiring candidates with the opportunity to take a significant step towards their academic and professional goals. To apply for KSET 2023, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the official KEA website at kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the “KSET 2023” link available on the homepage.
- A new page will open, prompting candidates to register.
- Complete the registration process and submit your details.
- Login to your account and fill out the application form.
- Make the payment of the application fees and click on the submit button to confirm your application.
The deadline for paying examination fees is set for October 3, 2023. Ensure that you complete the application process well in advance of this date to avoid any last-minute issues.
Eligibility Criteria for KSET 2023
To be eligible to apply for the Karnataka State Eligibility Test in 2023, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- For the general category, candidates should have obtained a minimum of 55 percent marks (without rounding off) in their Master’s Degree or an equivalent examination from a university or institution recognized by UGC, New Delhi.
- If you belong to the Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), Transgender, or OBCs (specifically Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB), you should have secured a minimum of 50 percent marks in your Master’s Degree or equivalent.
Meeting these educational qualifications is a crucial prerequisite to be considered for the KSET 2023 examination.
About KSET 2023
Candidates who successfully pass the KSET 2023 examination will be eligible to pursue Assistant Professor positions in various universities, colleges, and institutions in Karnataka. These institutions can be government, aided, or private, offering a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals.
Notably, the responsibility for conducting the KSET examination was shifted to the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) from the University of Mysore (UoM) due to significant complaints about corruption during the KSET 2021 exam. While UoM had permission to conduct the Karnataka SET until 2028, KEA has taken over this responsibility to ensure a fair and transparent examination process.
The KSET 2023 examination is divided into two parts, each with its own set of specifications:
|Paper||Marks||Duration||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1||100 marks||1 hour (10 am to 11 am)||50 compulsory questions|
|Paper 2||200 marks||2 hours (12 pm to 2 pm)||100 questions|
It’s essential for candidates to understand the examination structure and plan their preparation accordingly to perform their best in the KSET 2023 exam.
In conclusion, if you aspire to pursue a career as an Assistant Professor in Karnataka, the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a significant step in that direction. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, complete the application process before the deadline, and prepare diligently for the examination to achieve your academic and professional goals.
For more information and updates, visit the official KEA website at kea.kar.nic.in.
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test
- KSET 2023
- Application Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Examination Structure