Karnataka NMMS 2023: Registration Open for Class 8 Students
The Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council (KSQAAC) has officially opened the registration window for the Karnataka National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS 2023) for Class 8 students. School heads and principals can complete the applications for eligible students on the official website, kseeb.karnataka.gov.in, until October 4.
Students who meet the criteria for the Karnataka NMMS 2023 scholarship can take the NMMS 2023 test in five different languages: Kannada, English, Urdu, Marathi, or Telugu. The NMMS Exam 2023-2024 is scheduled to take place on December 17, with Paper 1 (Mental Ability Test – MAT) from 10:30 AM to 12 PM and Paper 2 (Academic Aptitude Test – AAT) from 2 PM to 3:30 PM.
Karnataka NMMS 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The NMMS test is open to eligible candidates who are currently enrolled in class 7 in government, aided, and local body schools. To be eligible for the NMMS scholarship, candidates must have secured at least 55 per cent or equivalent marks in Class 7. Additionally, the candidate’s family income should not exceed Rs 3.5 lakh.
For continued scholarship support in higher secondary education, students must pass the Class 10 board exam with a minimum of 60 per cent marks and achieve a minimum of 55 per cent marks in Class 11 on their first attempt. There is a 5% relaxation in marks for candidates belonging to the SC or ST category.
It’s important to note that the NMMS test is not available to students from Kendriya Vidyalayas, Sainik schools, or other residential institutions, including government-aided ones.
Karnataka NMMS 2023: How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply for the Karnataka NMMS 2023 scholarship:
- Visit the official website: kseeb.karnataka.gov.in/NTSENMMS
- Click on the ‘Login’ link on the webpage.
- Generate a password by entering the default username and password.
- Enter your registration number and password to access your account.
- Complete the necessary fields, upload your passport-size photo, and save the page.
- Take a printout of the Karnataka NMMS application form and the Head of Institution’s (HOI) certificate format.
- Finally, click the ‘Finalize application’ button.
Karnataka NMMS 2023: Selection Process
The NMMS test consists of two papers, and the selection process is as follows:
- Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students must achieve a minimum of 32 per cent average marks on both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- General and other backward class students must achieve a minimum of 40 per cent average marks on both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Selection is based on the current reservation and eligibility criteria determined by rank. The District Education and Sports, Training and Research (DESERT) will select students from various castes and categories based on these criteria.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to secure the Karnataka NMMS scholarship for your child’s bright future. Apply now and ensure a path to quality education.